Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Poe-Try #2

This particular Poe-Try comes from a special place in my heart--one of the things that makes up the essence of who and what I am.

Poe-Try #2: "Why I Care"


Why I Care

Because it's a dirty job, and someone has to do it
Because, to be honest, there's really nothing to it
Because I want to leave this world better than I found it
Because it's so defenseless against the space matter around it!

That's why I care about what happens in this place
Whether its as close as home, or far as outer space
That's why I care about about the people far and near--
And I say those that don't are the REAL problem here!

Because people all the time keep saying I ought not to
Because I truly feel that it is the right thing to do
Because it is the life support feeding the human spirit
Because if I care with my voice, maybe someone will hear it!

That's why I care about what happens on this rock
They should all be ashamed for telling me to put a sock
In my hopes, my dreams, my prayers for all of the human species
Such ideas that I shouldn't bother are worth less than feces!

Because if no one cares I fully think our race will cease to be
Because there's more to living than the concerns of you and me
Because if I have a closed mind there's so much I won't see
Because without the power to care no one is truly happy

That's why I care about all people in this world
From the most pompous, vilest mogul to the most innocent girl
And each and every time I care my mind's sails unfurl
Someday, hopefully even soon--I'll make a better world!

No comments:

Post a Comment